Coffee, sweat and tears. Not to mention passion, determination and an imaginative flair. This is what is needed to be a Coffee Master.
After successful launch competitions in both London and New York last year, Coffee Masters is back and we can finally announce the 16 shortlisted contenders for London 2016.
Current NYC champion Ben Morrow returns to defend his title, with London runner-up Patrik Rolf Karlsson also determined to snap up the trophy.
We also welcome back Cosmin Mihailov, Sonali Tailor, Yuko Inoue and Simone Koenig who all competed in London 2015, plus newcomers from around the world, all eager to show off their skills and share their signature drinks.
The 16 contenders are:
- Patrik Rolf Karlsson, Five Elephant, Sweden
- Nick Mabey, Assembly, New Zealand
- Edgar Juskas, Prufrock Coffee/Vagabond Coffee, UK
- James Wise, China Plate Espresso, UK
- Cosmin Mihailov, Bloom Specialty Coffee, Romania
- Sonali Tailor, Has Bean, UK
- Simone Koenig, Good Spirits, Germany
- Manuel Borsato, Climpson & Sons, Italy
- Yuko Inoue, Timberyard, Japan
- Matuesz Gaca, Brisman Kawowy Bar, Poland
- June Thornton, Doc.u.ment Coffee Bar, USA
- Esther Maasdam, Self-Employed, The Netherlands
- Tim Tate, Southside Coffee, USA
- Kristian Aleksiev, Viva Sara, Belgium
- William Pitts, Origin Coffee Roasters, UK
- Ben Morrow, St ALi, Australia
Congratulations to all of the contenders! Don’t forget to check out their fantastic signature drink videos
Applications for Coffee Masters NYC will open soon. For more information about how to apply, visit www.coffeemasters.org